Dear Chapter Members,
C-SEAP (Colorado State Employee Assistance Program) has announced a job vacancy for the position of Program Director. Applications need to be submitted by July 16. **Deadline has been extended to July 24, 2015
The job announcement is listed as “Director of C-SEAP/Management” on the Colorado State Jobs website (http://agency.governmentjobs.com/colorado/default.cfm).
Colorado EAPA Communications Committee
Dear Chapter Members,
Fellow EAPA member, Karla Holt wanted to inform you all that Anthem is currently hiring an EAP & Behavioral Health Manager. There are varying levels of job requirements for this position. More information can be found on their website: Job #104099. They plan to close the position on 6/15/15.
Best of luck,
EAPA Communications Committee
EAPA opens call for nominations for 2015 annual awards
Each year EAPA recognizes and celebrates the achievement of members, individuals and organizations who have distinguished themselves through their work and leadership in the EA profession. The awards salute outstanding achievements in a number of categories, including EAPA Member of the Year, Lifetime Achievement Award, EAP Quality Award, Outstanding Chapter and Branch Awards and more. Awards will be presented at the 2015 World EAP Conference.
The nomination process involves completing an online form, demonstrating that qualifying criteria are met and highlighting specific achievements that support the nomination. Each nominee must receive at least two separate nominations in order to be considered by the Awards Committee. EAPA is accepting nominations through July 1. For more information, and to complete the relevant online form, go to http://s3.goeshow.com/eapa/annual/2015/awards.cfm.
Dear Colorado EAPA Chapter Members,
See below for a message from EAPA International:
“In anticipation of John Maynard’s upcoming retirement from EAPA’s CEO position on December 31, 2015, EAPA’s Board of Directors has begun planning a search and selection process for his successor. The Board will be appointing a search committee, which will begin meeting in July to benchmark needed skills and experience, conduct a search, and develop a recommendation on final candidates for approval by the Board during or shortly after the World EAP Conference in San Diego.
The Board has determined that the search committee will include an EAPA “member at large.” This member is to serve as a representative for the general membership and may not be a sitting member of the Board of Directors.
Qualifications for the search committee member at large are:
- Current EAPA member who has belonged to EAPA for at least the last 5 years.
- History of active participation in EAPA activities.
- Current CEAP in good standing.
- Experience as a CEO or C-suite executive.
- Not interested in being a candidate for the EAPA CEO position.
Anyone meeting these qualifications who is interested in serving on the search committee as member at large must be willing and able to make the following commitments:
- Agree to commit approximately 20 hours of time (conference calls, virtual (online) meetings, review of applications and other candidate documentation, etc.) to the process during July, August, and September;
- Agree to attend face-to-face search committee activities in San Diego (September 28- October 2). Search committee members will not be compensated for participation, including travel expenses.
If you are interested in being considered for the search committee member at large position, please submit a brief resume and a one-page letter of interest indicating the skills and experience you would bring to the search committee and why you want to serve.
All resumes and expressions of interest must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm (EDT) on Friday, May 1, 2015.”
Thank you to all who participated in the half-day training. It was a success!
EAPA Communication Committee
Dear Colorado Chapter Members,
Fellow EAPA member, Reidar Hansen would like to share an opportunity for 6 hours of continuing education credits through a “Food for Thought” webinar via the Institute for Brain Potential. In this interactive broadcast on May 15, 2015, Michael Lara, MD will explore how nutrients affect mental health and the brain. See link below for more information and registration.
Have a great week!
EAPA Communications Committee
Dear EAPA Members,
The Employee Assistance Research Foundation is issuing this Sources Sought to identify persons interested in conducting a project for the Foundation to produce a history of employee assistance practice (EAP) in the United States and other countries. This history should focus upon work from the mid 1970s forward to the present, encompass developments between the late 1960s and the present, and incorporate a brief review of prior published historical work.
Persons wishing to express an interest should do so by sending a response to the EARF Foundation Office (address above), no later than close of business on April 30, 2015. Expressions of interest should be no longer than 3 single-spaced, typewritten pages and include the following information:
- Personal qualifications, including academic credentials, research completed, and actual practice in the EAP field.
- Description of working relationships with current leaders in the field and key organizations in the field.
- Recommended methods for constructing the history, including use of archival resources, interviews with key leaders, review of meeting agendas, policy documents, etc.
- Recommended staffing for the project, including potential collaborators, etc.
- Estimated timeline and estimated total cost for the project.
For additional information please contact the Employee Assistance Research foundation at:
PO Box 3146, Norfolk, VA 23514
Phone: 703-416-0060; Fax: 703-419-0014
Colorado EAPA Communications Team