The LGBT Affirming Therapist | Friday, July 21 | 8 AM – 5 PM | The Center
Join past EAPA presenter The Center for an LGBT cultural competency training for Licensed Psychologists, LPCs, LCSWs, and more. Earn 6.0 CEs in the introductory level for $175.
- Apply models of gender identity & sexual orientation development
- Demonstrate awareness of LGBT mental health disparities
- Recognize possible effects of minority stress on LGBT clients
- Describe the characteristics of an LGBT affirming therapist
- Analyze the possible cultural factors of the LGBT client’s worldview
- Assess professional practices & clinical environment
- Practice clinical skills competency
- Critique how/when to make referrals
Program is held at The Center at 1301 East Colfax Ave Denver, CO 80218.