Dear Colorado EAPA Chapter Members,
See below for a message from EAPA International:
“In anticipation of John Maynard’s upcoming retirement from EAPA’s CEO position on December 31, 2015, EAPA’s Board of Directors has begun planning a search and selection process for his successor. The Board will be appointing a search committee, which will begin meeting in July to benchmark needed skills and experience, conduct a search, and develop a recommendation on final candidates for approval by the Board during or shortly after the World EAP Conference in San Diego.
The Board has determined that the search committee will include an EAPA “member at large.” This member is to serve as a representative for the general membership and may not be a sitting member of the Board of Directors.
Qualifications for the search committee member at large are:
- Current EAPA member who has belonged to EAPA for at least the last 5 years.
- History of active participation in EAPA activities.
- Current CEAP in good standing.
- Experience as a CEO or C-suite executive.
- Not interested in being a candidate for the EAPA CEO position.
Anyone meeting these qualifications who is interested in serving on the search committee as member at large must be willing and able to make the following commitments:
- Agree to commit approximately 20 hours of time (conference calls, virtual (online) meetings, review of applications and other candidate documentation, etc.) to the process during July, August, and September;
- Agree to attend face-to-face search committee activities in San Diego (September 28- October 2). Search committee members will not be compensated for participation, including travel expenses.
If you are interested in being considered for the search committee member at large position, please submit a brief resume and a one-page letter of interest indicating the skills and experience you would bring to the search committee and why you want to serve.
All resumes and expressions of interest must be received via email to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm (EDT) on Friday, May 1, 2015.”
Thank you to all who participated in the half-day training. It was a success!
EAPA Communication Committee